Friday, November 25, 2016

Our Thanksgiving

Since we are going home for Christmas we decided to stay here for Thanksgiving. We were actually invited to a co-worker of mine's house for dinner. She has a niece that was born just a few weeks after H, and they had so much fun playing together. We had such a great time. We also decorated for Christmas. Last weekend we were at Walmart and found this little Christmas Doxin dog. H is obsessed with these little dogs right now. Her babysitters daughter has one. H loved setting it up in the front yard. We did not have an extension cord long enough so we have rearrange it once we go to the store.


I absolutely love these Willow Tree figures. My mother in law has the entire nativity set. I mentioned one year that I really loved it so she started buying pieces for me for my birthday and Christmas. This is what I have so far. There is another lamb that H broke the leg off of last year so I left it in the box until I can glue it back. I will probably just leave it put up for this year so that H doesn't break it again. She showed a ton of interest in the set and her daddy tried to explain what the figures represents.

I didn't really take any pictures of the dinner spread yesterday but here are some of my left overs from today's lunch :)


I do not have a picture of the apple pie that I made for desert yesterday but I really need to give it some credit. It was SOOOOO good. I mean really really good. I had never made an apple pie before yesterday's host asked for us to bring one. I tried one last weekend and it was decent but not spectacular. I decided to try a different recipe yesterday. I am so glad I did. I found the recipe on Pinterest and you can find it here. I was really intimidated to make a pie from scratch at first but it really was not that hard and I don't know if I can go back to eating a frozen apple pies again.

H's elf came last night. She wanted to touch her but it didn't turn into a fight like I was afraid it might. I read the book to her and then played this youtube video. 




This morning our elf was sitting in the tree with her book underneath the tree. She named her elf Kai or Ky or Ki..... not sure how you would spell it ha.


I started a page for pictures of our elf's mischief this season and you can find that here.

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving holiday's and got fantastic black Friday deals!


No comments:

Post a Comment