Saturday, October 29, 2016

Second Week In Invisalign

I have almost completed two weeks of wearing my fist Invisalign trays and I have to say I am getting used to them.


Pain

I don't really have any pain in my mouth anymore. Every once in a while a random tooth will get sore but it doesn't bother me too much. The attachments still bother the inside of my mouth if I eat real aggressively, so I still try to eat slowly.

Change in teeth

The biggest change I see in my mouth at this point is my teeth are getting whiter. I believe that is because my dental hygiene has never been so on point. I brush, floss, and rinse at least 3 times a day. I am finding it hard to meet my wear for 22 hours a day goal, especially on the weekend. I want to enjoy 2 cups of coffee instead of one and I want to eat a snack or something with my daughter so I end up taking them out more often.

Caring for the trays

For almost the entire first week I did not consume anything except water with them in. They would get kind of grimy but nothing a little soap and water couldn't handle. I was instructed to clean them with clear antibacterial soap and a soft bristle toothbrush. I was also told to use white vinegar and water for a soak if I felt I needed something more. J hates the smell of vinegar and complains every time I use it. So I bought the Fresh Guard retainer soak from Target for about $6. I use it every couple of days. I have also started drinking cold coffee through a straw with my trays in if I am at work or having a random cup in the middle of the day. The staining has been minimal but there is some yellowing on my top tray.


Is it worth it?

I think it will be. Of course there is no visible change in my teeth alignment yet. I am also worried about going through the initial pain again when I change out my trays on Monday.

Check out my first week in Invisalign here.

or my third week here.

1 comment:

  1. I want to do these so bad!!! I love that you are blogging your experience. So I can come back and check when I do finally get them!!

    ReplyDelete