Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekend Wrap-up

H will start gymnastics class next weekend and this last Friday was meet the coach night. They had 4 blow up bounce houses, snacks, and you were able to walk around and see the place. H's coach is really nice and H liked her a lot. I am really excited for her to start next Saturday.


After we left we went to get H the Little People princess castle. She has been talking about it for a couple of weeks now. She loves the Little People toys and has so many already. I am not really sure how to store them. Right now I am just kind of lining them up against the wall when she isn't playing with them. 


On Saturday we went to a friends to go swimming. It was her first time in a pool all summer. We usually just take her to the splash pad. She has NO fear. She would just walk off the side like no big deal. I tried to show her she couldn't touch the bottom once (without dunking her head) but she just didn't care. After day we made fairies in a jar. They were so cute and really easy. You just take glow sticks and empty them out in a jar and pour some glitter in. Put the lid back on and roll the glow stuff all around. H loved it. We were leaving and she was already wanting to go back. 




On Sunday we ended up changing our routine a little. On Saturday night, I found out a little boy who stays with H's sitter with her was in the hospital with bacterial meningitis. I am friends with his mama on facebook so I knew he had been in the hospital but I didn't know why. He had spent 3 days in the hospital before they decided they needed to test for meningitis. Then they couldn't do the lumbar puncture here so they had to transport the boy an hour and a half away to Atlanta just to do the test. SO, on Sunday we got up and took H to the doctor. I know bacterial meningitis is very uncommon and not so easily spread but I still wanted to make sure we were doing all we could to guarantee H didn't end up in the hospital. The doctor did some labs and said that they were very reassuring. She said that they don't typically start any prophylactic treatment unless they know kind of bacteria is causing it. She basically said she thought H would be fine but to bring her back in if there was any question about any symptom she might have. 

After the doctors appointment we went grocery shopping at the super Kroger (my first time in one). And came home. The rest of the day was just spent relaxing and cleaning up. When H laid down for a nap I started on my curtains for the living room. This material below will make up the bulk of them. I originally wanted mostly plain burlap and the lower 1/5 or so to be print but I didn't have enough plain on hand and the Hobby Lobby in town didn't have a match. They will now be mostly this printed burlap. I will post pictures when I am done. I didn't even get all the cutting done before H woke up so who knows when I will have the time to complete them ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment