Monday, July 25, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was a very good and relaxing weekend.


Saturday we took the dogs for their yearly check up and vaccinations. They checked out good. This is actually the first time we have taken them to the vet and they didn't tell us they were slightly overweight. Score. While H napped, I set up my sewing machine for the first time since we moved to mend some clothing. After H woke up we went out for ice cream at a cute locally owned shop that lets you draw on their floors with sidewalk chalk.


Saturday night was full of dress up, baby doll playing, and making all sorts of things with H's kitchen. It's amazing just how fast she can totally destroy her room.


Sunday funday was a typical Sunday as far as grocery shopping and church went. We had a special guest for our pizza outing though. One of our friends from J's old unit is in town for the week so he came to have dinner with us. It's been about a year since we have seen him. We tried to tell H how much he used to hold her when she was a little baby but she wasn't super convinced....


Todays sermon was about the holy spirit and the spiritual gifts he gave us and how to tap into them. I have some more reading I want to do in the following week. It has really made me think that I am missing some gift that was given to me. I really need to do better listening and inviting God to use me to serve others. So, with that being said, on my reading list for this week is (not limited to) Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12, and Ephesians 4:11-13

Does anyone have any tips on keeping the kids from totally destroying their rooms?


No comments:

Post a Comment